- What are Specialist Certificate Courses offered by NTU?
A bundle of courses put together which can be completed in a few semesters. Courses can also be taken individually. Each course is credit bearing and can be stackable to the relevant Specialist Certificate which in turn can be stackable to the relevant degree.
Course participants can apply to transfer the credits attained when they enrol for formal relevant undergraduate degree programme.
- What certificate will be awarded upon course completion?
- A Certificate of Completion will be awarded upon successful completion of each course.
- A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded if participant (i) is absent from the examination with or without MC or (ii) sit the examination but failed.
- A Specialist Certificate will be awarded to participants who pass all the courses and achieve an average CGPA of 2.0 or higher. Maximum candidature for earning a Specialist Certificate is 3 years from the first enrolled Specialist Certificate course under that certificate.
All applicants including Singapore Citizens (SCs), Permanent Residents (PRs) and International participants can only be admitted, if they:
- Are at least 21 years of age; and
- Have 2 years of full-time work experience, or have fully discharged full-time NS liability, or are currently employed on a full-time basis1.
- Have a pass in the relevant GCE A-Level subjects or
- Polytechnic Diploma in a related discipline or with working experience. For certain courses, additional pre-requisites may be required. Please check individual course for details.
In line with MOM’s definition, a full-time employee is one who works for more than 35 hours a week under contract of service with an employer.
SCs or PRs who have fully discharged their NS liability will be considered as having fulfilled the work experience requirement, even if the duration of full-time NS is less than 2 years. However, those still serving NS will not be counted as being in full-time employment and hence not eligible for admission.
- How do I register for a course?
Upon selection, you may click on the respective course date to check on its course details. From the course details page, you may scroll down to the Online Registration tab and click on "CLICK HERE to Register Online" button. You will then be directed to the next page, please complete the online application from.
- How do I make payment?
Online Credit/Debit Card Payment (VISA and Mastercard only) or Cash/Cheque/Nets Payment at One Stop@SAC (NTU Main Campus).
- Can I cancel my registration after it is confirmed?
Once payment is made, the applicant is committed to the course. No refund will be considered.
- What if the enrolled course is cancelled?
PACE College reserves the right to cancel a course. If you have paid the course registration fee, a full refund of the registration fees will be returned to you.
- What is included in the course fees?
- Online Course Materials
- Course Assessments
- One sitting of the final examination
- A Certificate upon completion
- Will I receive an acknowledgement of my registration?
Yes, you should receive an email acknowledgement upon successful online registration. If you do not receive any acknowledgement from us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6790 6672 / 6592 3702.
- When do I receive the email notification/confirmation of the final status of the course?
You will receive an email notification 2 weeks before the start date of the course. You will be informed of the final status of this course, i.e. whether it is confirmed, postponed or cancelled. For all confirmed courses, a reminder email will be sent to all participants one (1) week before the start of the course.
However, if you do not receive any form of status updates from us, please email immediately to email@example.com or call 6790 6672 / 6592 3702 .
- Once my course is confirmed, when will the course details be notified to me?
You will be notified through email before the course start date. Information provided will include details such as course date, time and venue. However, if you do not receive our course confirmation before course commencement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6790 6672 / 6592 3702.
- How do I update any changes in my personal particulars?
You may email your name and new address to us at email@example.com with the subject title 'Change of Personal Particulars'. We will ensure that your information is updated into our database so that you can continue to receive the latest course information and news on our events.
- When and where will the class be conducted?
All classes will be conducted during weekday evenings at NTU campus.
- How are credits earned (Academic Unit System)?
The University’s academic structure for its undergraduate programmes is based on the Academic Unit (AU) System. Under the Academic Unit System, each course is assigned a certain number of AU.
The AU is a measure of the participant's workload associated with both class attendance and preparation.
A participant earns the credits of the course after he/she has passed all the assignments, including the final exam.
- Can I apply for short leave of absence or medical leave?
Yes, participants must apply for leave if they cannot attend classes on days when there are laboratory sessions, quizzes or tests that are conducted during classes.
- As a course participant, am I able to access NTU Library facilities?
You may use your NRIC/Employment/S Pass identification card to approach service desks at all subject libraries to borrow books and use the library facilities during the course duration.
- Is exam compulsory for all?
Yes, participants are required to submit all the course assignments and sit for the final exams in order to enjoy the subsidies.
- When is the usual exam period?
The academic year is divided into two semesters, Semester 1 and Semester 2. Examinations are held at the end of each semester.
Please refer to the NTU Academic Calendar.
- When is the exam held?
The exam will be held at the same time as the full time program, which is during the day. The course instructor will inform you of the time, date and venue after your enrolment.
SUBSIDIES / CREDIT
- What are the subsidies / credits available?
- MOE Subsidy
- e2i Funding
- NTUC UTAP Credit
- SkillsFuture Credit
For more information on each subsidy / credit, please click here.