FAQ on Exam-Free Modules
- What is the Eligibility Criteria?
- Singapore Citizens aged 50 and above
- With minimum GCE O-Level qualification
- Ability to surf internet
- Conversant and literate in English/Mandarin
- Can I register for more than one course at a time?
Yes, there is no cap on the number that Singaporean seniors (aged 50 years and above in the year the course starts) can apply for. However, do note that:
- You would need to ensure there is no conflict in schedule.
- You would need to be able to manage the workload.
- Are the courses meant only for seniors?
No, they are also open to younger students who are studying full time in NTU and are taking these modules for their full-qualification programmes i.e. their Degrees.
- When is the registration period?
Opens in June of the year
End June of the year
Opens in October of the year
Mid November of the year
For course registration enquiries, please call 6790-4212 , or email NSA@ntu.edu.sg .
Please click here to register.
- How do I register for a course?
Upon selection, you may click on the respective course date to check on its course details. From the course details page, you may scroll down to the Online Registration tab and click on "CLICK HERE to Register Online" button. You will then be directed to the next page, please complete the online application from.
- How do I make payment?
Course fee to be paid before course starts date. Payment term is immediate.
Payment can be made online by credit card (Visa, Mastercard and AMEX only) or cheque.
For Cheque payment:
You may send us your cheque and indicate at the back of the cheque, the course title that you have enrolled.
All cheque payments should be crossed and made payable to
Nanyang Technological University and mailed together with the registration form to:
Nanyang Technological University
Centre for Professional and Continuing Education
60 Nanyang Drive
SBS-01s-50, Singapore 637551
- Can I cancel my registration after it is confirmed?
Once payment is made, the applicant is committed to the course. No refund will be considered.
- What if the enrolled course is cancelled?
PaCE@NTU reserves the right to cancel a course. If you have paid the course registration fee, a full refund of the registration fees will be returned to you.
- What is included in the registration fees?
Course fees are Online Course Materials
- Are places allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis?
Yes, subject to the maximum class size which varies for different courses.
- Are there minimum entry requirements for your courses?
Yes. Please refer to the course webpage for the specific requirements.
- Will there be a wait list?
Yes, applicants will be put on a waitlist if the module is full and will be offered a place if vacancies arise.
- I am a returning participant and have done courses here in the last three years. Can I get an alumni discount on top of the NSA subsidies?
No. There are no further discounts for NSA-subsidised courses. Seniors may however utilize their SkillsFuture Credits to pay for SkillsFuture Credit-eligible courses.
- What is SkillsFuture Credit?
- Singaporean aged 25 and above can use their SkillsFuture Credit of S$500 to offset the balance of your course fee of approved skills-related courses. For more information, please visit www.skillsfuture.sg/credit.
Participants intending to use their SFC must adhere to all terms and conditions set by SkillsFuture Singapore. For more information, please click here or drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is SkillsFuture Credits applicable to Exam-Free Modules?
SkillsFuture Credits can be used to offset your total fees payable for Exam-Free Modules.
- Will I receive an acknowledgement of my registration?
Yes, you should receive an email acknowledgement upon successful online registration. If you do not receive any acknowledgement from us, please email email@example.com.
- When do I receive the email notification/confirmation of the final status of the course?
You will receive an email notification 2 weeks before the start date of the course. You will be informed of the final status of this course, i.e. whether it is confirmed, postponed or cancelled. For all confirmed courses, a reminder email will be sent to all participants one (1) week before the start of the course.
However, if you do not receive any form of status updates from us, please email immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once my course is confirmed, when will the course details be notified to me?
You will be notified through email before the course start date. Information provided will include details such as course date, time and venue. However, if you do not receive our course confirmation before course commencement, please email email@example.com.
- How do I update any changes in my personal particulars?
You may email your name and new address to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title 'Change of Personal Particulars'. We will ensure that your information is updated into our database so that you can continue to receive the latest course information and news on our events.
- When and where will the class be conducted?
Participants access and study course materials online before meeting classmates and their professors in face-to-face discussions and brainstorming sessions. Face-to-face classes may be conducted at NTU campus or other venue.
- If I am enrolled in an Exam-Free module, can I switch from Exam-Free module to credit mode mid-way through the course?
No. These courses are offered only as credits exam-free modules for NTU's full time students seniors.
- What can a senior expect from taking an exam-free module?
When taking an exam-free module, seniors can expect to participate in tutorials, seminars and/or lectures and have access to course materials alongside other students who are pursuing the course for credit. Depending on the nature of the course, seniors may also be involved in classroom discussions, or participate in selected group projects. But seniors will be exempted from taking the exams and will not receive any certification for having taken the module. However, should seniors be keen to submit assignments, it is up to individual lecturers to decide whether to grade such assignments or not.
- Will there be a replacement lesson if I miss a lesson?
There will be no replacement lesson, however, there are lectures recording available for some courses.
- Can I transfer to a different class / course?
Classes are non-transferable once accepted and paid.
- Will I get a certificate after taking the course?
Audit modules are exam-free module, hence no certificate will be awarded upon course completion.
- Can the senior participants do assessments if they wish to?
No, senior participants taking exam-free module cannot do so.
Not sure which programme to go for? Use our programme finder