- What is the Eligibility Criteria?
- Singapore Citizens aged 50 and above
- With minimum GCE O-Level qualification
- Ability to surf internet
- Conversant and literate in English/Mandarin
- Can I register for more than one course at a time?
Yes, there is no cap on the number that Singaporean seniors (aged 50 years and above in the year the course starts) can apply for. However, do note that:
- You would need to ensure there is no conflict in schedule.
- You would need to be able to manage the workload.
- Are the courses meant only for seniors?
No, they are also open to younger students who are studying full time in NTU and are taking these modules for their full-qualification programmes i.e. their Degrees.
- When is the registration period?
(Aug 2016 intake)
15 June 2016
30 June 2016
(Jan 2017 intake)
17 October 2016
15 November 2016
For course registration enquiries, please call 6790-4212 , or email NSA@ntu.edu.sg .
Please click here to register.
- How do I register for a course?
Upon selection, you may click on the respective course date to check on its course details. From the course details page, you may scroll down to the Online Registration tab and click on "CLICK HERE to Register Online" button. You will then be directed to the next page, please complete the online application from.
- How do I make payment?
Online Credit/Debit Card Payment (VISA and Mastercard only) or Cash/Cheque/Nets Payment at One Stop@SAC (NTU Main Campus).
- Can I cancel my registration after it is confirmed?
Once payment is made, the applicant is committed to the course. No refund will be considered.
- What if the enrolled course is cancelled?
PaCE College reserves the right to cancel a course. If you have paid the course registration fee, a full refund of the registration fees will be returned to you.
- What is included in the registration fees?
Course fees are Online Course Materials
- Are places allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis?
Yes, subject to the maximum class size which varies for different courses.
- Are there minimum entry requirements for your courses?
Yes. Please refer to the course webpage for the specific requirements.
- Will there be a wait list?
Yes, applicants will be put on a waitlist if the module is full and will be offered a place if vacancies arise.
- I am a returning participant and have done courses here in the last three years. Can I get an alumni discount on top of the NSA subsidies?
No. There are no further discounts for NSA-subsidised courses. Seniors may however utilize their SkillsFuture Credits to pay for SkillsFuture Credit-eligible courses.
- What is SkillsFuture Credit?
Every Singapore Citizen aged 25 and above will receive an initial credit of $500 from 1st January 2016. The Singapore Government will make further top-ups to their SkillsFuture Credit at regular intervals. These credits will not expire, but can only be used to offset fees of MOE-approved courses.
- Is SkillsFuture Credits applicable to Exam-Free Modules?
SkillsFuture Credits can be used to offset your total fees payable for Exam-Free Modules.
- Will I receive an acknowledgement of my registration?
Yes, you should receive an email acknowledgement upon successful online registration. If you do not receive any acknowledgement from us, please email CoPaCE@ntu.edu.sg or call us at 6790-4212.
- When do I receive the email notification/confirmation of the final status of the course?
You will receive an email notification 2 weeks before the start date of the course. You will be informed of the final status of this course, i.e. whether it is confirmed, postponed or cancelled. For all confirmed courses, a reminder email will be sent to all participants one (1) week before the start of the course.
However, if you do not receive any form of status updates from us, please email immediately toCoPaCE@ntu.edu.sg or call us at 6790-4212 .
- Once my course is confirmed, when will the course details be notified to me?
You will be notified through email before the course start date. Information provided will include details such as course date, time and venue. However, if you do not receive our course confirmation before course commencement, please email CoPaCE@ntu.edu.sg or call us at 6790-4212.
- How do I update any changes in my personal particulars?
You may email your name and new address to us at CoPaCE@ntu.edu.sg with the subject title 'Change of Personal Particulars'. We will ensure that your information is updated into our database so that you can continue to receive the latest course information and news on our events.
- When and where will the class be conducted?
Participants access and study course materials online before meeting classmates and their professors in face-to-face discussions and brainstorming sessions. Face-to-face classes may be conducted at NTU campus or other venue.
- If I am enrolled in an Exam-Free module, can I switch from Exam-Free module to credit mode mid-way through the course?
No. These courses are offered only as credits exam-free modules for NTU's full time students seniors.
- What can a senior expect from taking an exam-free module?
When taking an exam-free module, seniors can expect to participate in tutorials, seminars and/or lectures and have access to course materials alongside other students who are pursuing the course for credit. Depending on the nature of the course, seniors may also be involved in classroom discussions, or participate in selected group projects. But seniors will be exempted from taking the exams and will not receive any certification for having taken the module. However, should seniors be keen to submit assignments, it is up to individual lecturers to decide whether to grade such assignments or not.
- Will there be a replacement lesson if I miss a lesson?
There will be no replacement lesson, however, there are lectures recording available for some courses.
- Can I transfer to a different class / course?
Classes are non-transferable once accepted and paid.
- Will I get a certificate after taking the course?
Audit modules are exam-free module, hence no certificate will be awarded upon course completion.
- Can the senior participants do assessments if they wish to?
No, senior participants taking exam-free module cannot do so
GETTING TO NTU
Take the MRT East-West (Green) line and alight at Boon Lay MRT Station. Thereafter, take Singapore Bus Service (SBS) bus service no. 179 or 199 at the Boon Lay bus interchange located just next to the MRT station. Please refer to the bus guide to plan where you should alight.
Alternatively, you may alight at Pioneer MRT Station. Thereafter, get down the overhead bridge to take the free NTU-Pioneer MRT shuttle bus at the bus-stop outside Block 649A, Jurong West Street 63. This shuttle bus operates daily from 7.30am to 10.30pm.
Details can be seen from here.